What Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information in connection with the Site and offline interactions, as described below. For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” is any information or combination of information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate you.
Personal Information. We collect various types of Personal Information from or about visitors to the Site and in offline interactions, including:
- job title and organization
- status with Innovative (e.g., customer, prospective customer, vendor, etc.)
- contact information, including mailing address, email address, social media handle, or phone number
- state, region, or country
- the Innovative products you use
- preferences about participating in our events, including information about attendance, meals, and activities
- preferences for how we communicate with you
- comments and questions, and any other information you choose to provide.
We collect this information through forms that you may fill out on our Site, when you contact us with questions, or when you sign up for one of our events. With regard to offline collection, we may gather this information from email exchanges, phone calls or other direct interactions with you outside of the Site.
We may collect additional Personal Information from other sources that we combine with the kinds of Personal Information described above. In these circumstances, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. Combined information helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us with Personal Information about others, or if others give us your Personal Information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided.
Examples of the types of Personal Information that may be obtained from other sources and combined with information we already have about you through the Site may include:
- information found publicly (such as available social media sites and profiles, your company’s website, professional directories, and industry publications) in order to provide you more personalized and relevant experiences and offers; and
- our communications with you via email or phone as well as your customer service and/or sales records with us in order to provide you more relevant experiences and offers and to fulfill the purposes described in this policy.
Passive Collection and Tracking Technologies. As is true of most websites, we gather some Personal Information automatically through the Site in our server logs (described below). This may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name, your Internet Service Providers (ISP), the date and time of your visit, your use of the Site (including the pages you view and the files you download), referring/exit pages, your computer’s operating system and browser type, your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region), and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the Site.
We collect Personal Information using tools and technologies such as:
- Server Logs. When you use the Site, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or device) and browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your computer or device and gather information about its online activity.
- Cookies. To make this Site work properly, we place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
- What are cookies? Cookies are small text files that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions, information, and preferences (such as login, email, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
- How to control cookies. If you are concerned about having cookies on your computer, you can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. However, if you choose to block or delete cookies, certain features of the Site may not operate correctly.
- You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
- You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being set, allowing you to decide whether to accept it.
- For details, see www.aboutcookies.org.
- Pixel Tags. The Site or the emails you receive from us may use an application known as a “pixel tag,” (also called a “clear gif” or a “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic tracking mechanism that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, pixel tags may be used by an email sender to determine whether an email recipient has opened a particular email.
- ETag. We use ETags (or “entity tags”) on the Site. Etags are HTTP headers that are sent behind-the-scenes between a web browser and a web server.
How We Use Information
We may use Personal Information for a variety of purposes, as described below:
- to respond to your questions or comments, or to provide you with requested information;
- to sign you up for webinars, workshops and/or events;
- to send you updates, newsletters, or marketing communications about topics that may interest you, including about our products and services;
- to provide the Site to you, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, or otherwise complete a transaction you initiate;
- to engage in analysis and research about the Site and our products and services, including merging Personal Information with information we may already have or may collect about you during our customer service or sales activities;
- to support and improve our existing products and services or create new products and services;
- to compile and share aggregated information;
- for any of the “Legal Purposes” described below in the section entitled “How We Share Information with Third Parties;” and
- to count and recognize visitors to the Site and analyze how visitors use the Site.
With your permission, we may also use your Personal Information to promote Innovative events or other activities that you are involved with. For example, we may obtain your permission to publicly announce you as a speaker at an Innovative event or include you on a list of registrants for a workshop.
How We Share Information with Third Parties
We may share Personal Information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with our corporate affiliates for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
Third-party service providers. We use third-party service providers to help us manage and improve the Site. These service providers may also collect and/or use your Personal Information on our behalf to assist us with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We utilize such services to:
- manage our emailed newsletters and other communications;
- provide communication, customer support and ticketing tools;
- provide you with resources about our products and services;
- allow you to register, access and/or attend our webinars, workshops and events;
- conduct research and analysis; and
- leverage cloud computing solutions.
Business partners. We also may share your Personal Information with our business partners to fulfill your requests for services, complete a transaction that you initiate, or meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our business partners. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with these companies, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal purposes. In certain situations, we may be required to share your Personal Information in response to lawful requests by authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose your Personal Information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Business changes. If Innovative is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
Consent. We may also disclose your Personal Information to any other third party with your prior consent.
De-identified or aggregated information. We may share de-identified and/or aggregated information for any lawful purpose, including to provide reports on trends in usage of our Site.
Third-Party Tracking Technologies and Interest-Based Advertising
The Site may also enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect information over time and across unaffiliated websites for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Site to target online ads for our services to you on other websites. In addition, our third-party advertising partners might use information about your use of the Site to help target other company’s advertisements based on your online behavior in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies by opting out here or, if located in the European Union, you may opt out here. Please note you will continue to receive generic ads.
Many browsers offer a “do not track” or similar feature enabling users to communicate to websites that they do not want to be tracked online. Our Site does not respond to “do not track” browser headers, but you can limit some tracking activity by taking the steps described above.
Links to Third Party Websites; Social Media Widgets and Features
Please note that the neither the Innovative Users Group (“IUG”) nor their website is managed or controlled by Innovative. IUG is an independent organization.
We partner with companies that provide things such as Telecommunications Services, Marketing Automation, Website hosting, Recruiting Portals, etc., to provide you with tools related to our career opportunities; directing your communications and/or inquiries to us through the Site; and registering, accessing and/or attending webinars, workshops and events; and to fulfil any other purposed mentioned in this policy. When you use these tools, your Personal Information may be shared by Innovative. If you do not want your Personal Information shared you may choose not to use the integrations we use on our website.
We use generally accepted and commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information from loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion, both during transmission and once it is received. However, no website is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. Please refer to our security policy here.
We may retain your Personal Information for as long as you may have an active account with us or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Your Choices and Access to Information
Upon request, Innovative will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you would like to access, correct or request deletion of your Personal Information, please contact us by email at Privacy@iii.com. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications or newsletters from us, please click the “Manage Communication Preferences” link at the bottom of each email message, visit http://go.iii.com/UnsubscribePage.html , or contact us by email at Privacy@iii.com. If you unsubscribe from these communications, but are an Innovative customer, you may still receive non-marketing messages from us with information, alerts, or updates about the products or services you use.
Transfer of Personal Information to the United States
The Personal Information that we collect through or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above.
Innovative is responsible for the processing of Personal Information it receives, , and subsequent transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
In certain situations, Innovative may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us at Privacy@iii.com or mail via the address noted below.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, and Innovative does not knowingly collect Personal Information through the Site or through offline interactions from anyone it knows is under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices or this Policy, please email us at Privacy@iii.com or contact us by mail at:
5850 Shellmound Way
Emeryville, CA 94608
Effective Date: May 21, 2018