What Information We Collect
We collect both Personal Information and Other Information in connection with the Sites, as described below. For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” is information we can directly associate with a specific person without additional information, such as a full name, email address, or phone number. “Other Information” is any other information relating to a person that is not Personal Information. We may combine Personal Information with Other Information, in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We also may combine Personal Information or Other Information that we have about you with additional information that we or third parties collect in other contexts—such as our communications with you via email or phone, your customer service records, or information about you derived from industry publications or your company’s website. In those circumstances, we will treat the combined information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal Information. We collect various types of Personal Information from or about visitors to the Sites, including:
- job title and organization
- status with Innovative (e.g., customer, prospective customer, vendor, etc.)
- contact information, including mailing address, email address, social media handle, or phone number
- state, region, or country
- the Innovative products you use
- preferences about participating in our events, including information about attendance, meals, and activities
- preferences for how we communicate with you
- comments and questions, and any other information you choose to provide.
We collect this information through forms that you may fill out on our Sites, when you contact us with questions, or when you sign up for one of our events. We may collect additional information about visitors to the Sites that we associate with the Personal Information described above. This may include, for example, information found in publicly available social media sites and profiles, an organization’s website, professional directories, and industry publications.
Other Information collected automatically through the Sites. We also collect Other Information automatically through the Sites. This may include information such as your IP address and domain name, your Internet service provider, the date and time of your visit, your use of the Sites during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Sites, your computer’s operating system and browser type, your software and hardware attributes (including device IDs), and your general geographic location (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region). We collect such information using the following technologies:
- Server Logs. When you use the Sites, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or device) and browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your computer or device and gather information about its online activity.
- Pixel Tags. The Sites or the emails you receive from us may use an application known as a “pixel tag,” (also called a “clear gif” or a “web beacon”). A pixel tag is an electronic tracking mechanism that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information, which could include Personal Information. For example, pixel tags may be used by an email sender to determine whether an email recipient has opened a particular email.
How We Use Information
We may use Personal Information and Other Information for a variety of purposes, as described below:
- to respond to your questions or comments, or to provide you with requested information
- to sign you up for events
- to send you updates, newsletters, or marketing communications about topics that may interest you, including about our products and services
- to provide the Sites to you, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, or otherwise complete a transaction you initiate
- to engage in analysis and research about the Sites and our products and services, including merging Personal and Other Information with information we may already have or may collect about you during our customer service or sales activities
- to support and improve our existing products and services or create new products and services
- to compile and share aggregated information
- for any of the “Legal Purposes” described below in the section entitled “How We Share Information with Third Parties.”
With your permission, we may also use your Personal Information to promote Innovative events or other activities that you are involved with. For example, we may obtain your permission to publicly announce you as a speaker at an Innovative event or include you on a list of registrants for a workshop.
We also use the Other Information we collect to:
- count and recognize visitors to the Sites and analyze how visitors use the Sites
- for any other business purpose permitted by law.
How We Share Information with Third Parties
We may share Personal Information and Other Information with third parties for a variety of purposes, as described below.
Affiliates. We may share Personal Information and Other Information with our corporate affiliates for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
Third-party service providers. We use third-party service providers to help us manage and improve the Sites. These service providers may collect and/or use your Personal Information or Other Information to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed in this Policy. For example, we use a vendor to manage our emailed newsletters and other communications.
Business partners. We also may share your Personal Information or Other Information with our business partners to fulfill your requests for services, complete a transaction that you initiate, or meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our business partners.
Legal purposes. We also may use or share your Personal Information or Other Information with third parties when we believe, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- to comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, request from government or law enforcement, or other legal process
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safety of any person or third party
- to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
De-identified or aggregated information. We may share de-identified and/or aggregated information for any lawful purpose, including to provide reports on trends in usage of our Sites.
Third-Party Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising
The Site may also enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect Other Information over time and across unaffiliated websites for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Sites to target online ads for our services to you on other websites. In addition, our third-party advertising partners might use information about your use of the Sites to help target other company’s advertisements based on your online behavior in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out here, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here.
Many browsers offer a “do not track” or similar feature enabling users to communicate to websites that they do not want to be tracked online. Our Sites do not respond to “do not track” browser headers, but you can limit some tracking activity by taking the steps described above.
We use commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information from loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no website is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Please refer to our security policy here.
Your Choices and Access to Information
If you would like to learn more about the Personal Information that Innovative has about you, or you would like to update or change that information, please contact us by email at Privacy@iii.com or by mail at the address in the “Questions or Comments” section below.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications or newsletters from us, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each commercial email message. If you unsubscribe from these communications, but are an Innovative customer, you may still receive non-marketing messages from us with information, alerts, or updates about the products or services you use.
Transfer of Information to the United States
The Personal Information and Other Information that we collect through or in connection with the Sites is transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. Innovative may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates and third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By accepting this Policy, using the Sites, or providing information to us, you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
The Sites are not directed to children under the age of 13, and Innovative does not knowingly collect Personal Information or Other Information through the Sites from anyone it knows is under the age of 13.
Changes to this Policy
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices or this Policy, please email us at Privacy@iii.com or contact us by mail at:
5850 Shellmound Way
Emeryville, CA 94608
Effective Date: September 15, 2017