Company gaining momentum with focused investments in solution development and delivery to serve Academic and Public Libraries now and in the future
EMERYVILLE, Calif.— Innovative Interfaces, a leading global provider of library automation software, announced today fourteen libraries have selected Polaris or Sierra as their Integrated Library System (ILS) over competitive alternatives.
Throughout the world, the new Innovative library partners include:
- Baldwin Public Library, Birmingham, Michigan
- Bloomington Public Library, Bloomington, Illinois
- Cooperative Computer Services (consortium), Arlington Heights, Illinois
- Hail University, Hail, Saudi Arabia
- Huntington City Township Public Library, Huntington, Indiana
- Oceanside Public Library, Oceanside, California
- Parkland Regional Library (consortium), Lacombe, AB, Canada
- Placer County Public Library, Auburn, California
- The Public Authority of Applied Education & Training, Odayliea, Kuwait City
- Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
- Saint Charles City-County Library, Saint Peters, Missouri
- Santa Clarita Public Library, Valencia, California
- Waco-McClennan County, Waco, Texas
- Whatcom County Library System & Bellingham Public Library, (consortium) Bellingham, Washington
“Innovative has worked diligently to advance the development of our flagship products, including Polaris and Sierra, to drive continuous improvements for our customers over the last two years,” said Innovative CEO Jim Tallman. “We’re delivering on our promises and continuing to invest more in technology to provide more patron-centric digital experiences with our integrated next-generation platform.”
Strong functionality and capabilities such as deskless patron services, mobile picklists, SimplyReports and built-in responsive discovery were all cited as reasons libraries chose Innovative. Polaris and Sierra will be fully integrated into Innovative’s next-generation investment, allowing these libraries the comfort of knowing their investment today will carry them into the next decade with the most advanced technology available in the library market.
Rebecca Malinowski, Executive Director, CCS said her staff showed a deep appreciation for the functionality Polaris provides and how that contributes to the library’s mission.
“Ultimately our teams decided that Polaris’s cloud-based system, responsive PowerPAC design, and intuitive web application would both benefit library staff and keep a strong focus on serving the public,” said Malinowski.
“Our staff was able to see great potential for customization and the ways we could easily integrate our collection,” said Jessica Emmett, Community Services Supervisor, Waco-McClennan County Library. “Polaris enables us to reflect our own personal style and give patrons great, user-friendly services. We liked the fit for our future.”
Innovative (www.iii.com) provides leading technology solutions and services that empower libraries and enrich their users worldwide. Innovative offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of library automation products on the market today, serving academic, public, national, corporate and special libraries and consortia. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Innovative has a global presence—serving thousands of libraries in 66 countries worldwide.