Innovative, part of Clarivate™, is pleased to be participating in the Innovative Users Group 2024 conference in Detroit, Michigan. The main goal of the annual IUG conference is for attendees to make connections and learn new tips and processes to take home to their library.
The annual independent Innovative users group conference has been successful for over 30 years thanks to users like you who present at the conference. Are there tips you learned at a previous IUG that you’re still using at the library? Consider giving back to the IUG community by submitting a proposal for IUG 2024.
Here are some of last year’s most popular user-led sessions:
- Better than I found it: preparing for your successor
- Polaris Leap for technical services
- Tips and tricks for using the Create Lists function in Sierra
- Mapping our patrons
- Leap into service: maximizing Leap at your public service desks
- Sierra newbie onboarding: dos & don’ts
- Updating indigenous subject headings: applying and maintaining customized terms
- Happily managing floating collections
Inspiration for this year’s presentations include:
- Large projects at your library and how you managed them in your ILS: Fine-free rules, pop-up branches, preferred name fields and training for staff, re-naming a collection
- Project leadership and change management tips
- Your experience implementing a new Innovative product or feature
- Marketing and communication tips
- Taking the library off-site to special events
There are multiple ways you can get involved and help make the IUG a success:
Join. The IUG is a user-led group, independent of Innovative, and member fees go directly to the user group. If your library is not a member of the IUG, then everyone at your library can join for $220 or less. The benefits of IUG membership include access to the annual conference, including attending meetings and downloading program materials; participation in IUG forums; access to the Clearinghouse Forum, a repository of locally developed resources; access to regional IUG groups and events, and more.
Attend. If you’ve never been to an IUG annual conference before, then mark your calendar for March 25-27, 2024 in Detroit, Michigan. The Innovative User Group (IUG) annual conference is a three-day event where you can learn best practices from colleagues, engage with Innovative staff on product development, and network with Innovative users like you.
Submit. Program proposal submissions are now open for the IUG 2024 Conference in Detroit, Michigan. Innovative User Group members can use the instructions on the IUG Announcements forum on the member website to submit session proposals. The deadline for submissions is November 30, 2023. (Hint: You can take the opportunity to have some fun and get creative with session titles for your presentations!)
Still not sure? See what librarians have to say about the value of the IUG in these guest posts:
- Making Connections and Finding Community at IUG
- I Found New Skills and a New Career through the IUG
- From Unsure to Confident: The Value of the IUG