Innovative is happy to announce that Sierra 4.0 is now in general release, offering libraries powerful new features. We started beta in early March and want to thank our beta program partners for your testing and feedback.
New Features in Sierra 4.0 include:
- System limit expansions to patron and item types, item status, and material type. Sierra can now manage up to 2,000 patron and item types, 200 item statuses, 500 material types. For our library partners with larger or more varied collections, and consortia who have been dividing codes, we know you’ve been looking forward to this update.
- Automatic renewal of checked-out items. This multi-purpose feature offers value to many libraries with different needs.
- For libraries, it drives circulation statistics through increased renewals.
- For our academic partners that renew faculty checkouts every semester, this is a big staff time-saver.
- For patrons, it’s convenient as they don’t have to renew items manually and may have fewer overdue fines as a result.
- Expand All and Collapse All buttons. Now available for all phrase search compact browse results.
- Associate Catalog Load Templates with User. ERM templates are now associated with the user login rather than the accounting unit. Individual users can set their templates as they like without interfering with other staff coverage load settings.
- Performance improvements.
- New API endpoints.
For a comprehensive look at all new features offered in Sierra 4.0, library partners can review the announcements in the Innovative Supportal.