The pandemic only served to underscore the importance of library programming. Libraries across the globe grappled with the question of how to deliver not just library materials, but vital services and events to their communities.
Libraries, as holistic centers of growth, need a tool that streamlines the complexities of event planning and management regardless of their size, format, or medium. That tool is Vega Program.
Built with librarian input expressly to serve libraries, Vega Program was developed to help facilitate the online aspect of event planning and administration. Vega Program integrates with Polaris and Sierra to simplify event and room management for patrons and staff, while providing libraries with tools to plan and advertise their community events.
From an administrative dashboard, library staff can:
- Establish policies and processes for events and room bookings
- Create library-branded event pages with built-in registration
- Manage and approve events and room bookings requests
- View patron bookings, email event attendees, or cancel registrations
- Handle transactions for event fees
- Autogenerate event pages, flyers, and brochures
- View and export Program metrics
Whether the event is part of a series or a one-off, virtual, or recurring, Vega Program’s intuitive design empowers library staff to deliver a breadth of engagement opportunities. From the administrative dashboard, staff can easily create, edit, or clone events, and handle advanced settings, such as transaction fees (via Stripe) and waitlist management.