Emeryville, CA—Innovative Interfaces, a leading provider of library automation software that empowers libraries globally, is proud to announce three products have been named recipients of LibraryWorks’ third annual Modern Library Awards (MLAs.)
Innovative products received honors spanning all levels of distinction:
- Mobile Worklists, a mobile iOS app for collection management, received Platinum for the second year in a row;
- Polaris Leap Web Application, a browser-based solution that offers public services and item management workflows, received Gold for the second year in a row;
- Vital, a digital asset management solution, received Silver.
LibraryWorks created the MLAs to recognize the top products and services in the industry, evaluated on criteria including functionality, value, and customer service. This year, product submissions were sent to more than 80,000 librarians for scoring.
“Innovative continues to provide market-leading investment in new technologies to simplify the work of library staff and make their collections more visible to their patrons,” said Innovative Chief Executive Officer Jim Tallman. “We are honored to receive three awards for the second year in a row and to hear such positive feedback from the industry. We look forward to continuing to deliver solutions that create an open library experience and help even more libraries succeed.”
These award-winning solutions are creating value for libraries and consortia of all types, including the following notable examples:
- Staff at the University of California Hastings College of the Law Library were able to move 40% of their print resources quickly and ahead of schedule with Mobile Worklists.
- Members of the Central Library Consortium in Ohio have used the Polaris Leap Web Application for a weekly, pop-up school library, and to register patrons and answer questions during community events.
- Kansas City Public Library in Missouri used Vital to create an award-winning resource, The Civil War on the Western Border website.
LibraryWorks helps administrators to make informed decisions about library technology, automation and software, collection development and management, facilities and furnishings, staffing, purchasing, and other areas that drive effective strategic planning and day-to-day operations. Our family of resources can enable you to identify best practices, monitor trends, evaluate new products and services, apply for grants and funding, post or find a job, and even enjoy some library humor.
About the Modern Library Awards program
The Modern Library Awards (MLAs) is a program designed to recognize elite products and services in the market which can help library management personnel enhance the quality-of-experience for the library user and increase the performance of their library systems.