Innovative is happy to announce that Vital Release 8.0 SP1 is now available for library partners. This service pack release focused on moving many popular Vital administrative features into the new responsive design launched in Vital Release 8.0.
Vital Release 8.0 SP1 Features:
- Customize User Interface. Vital administrators can now customize the following elements of the user interface:
- Background color of the top navigation bar
- Text color used in the top navigation bar
- Logo image that appears in the top navigation bar
- Configure Search Facets. Vital administrators can now configure the search facets that appear on the List of Titles page in the user interface include the order of facets, and the locale ID and the name of the index for each facet. Facet Metadata Settings are site-specific.
- Configure Search Categories. Vital administrators can now configure the search categories that appear in the drop-down list on the Advanced Search page in the user interface, including the order of the categories, and the locale ID and the name of the index for each search category. Advanced Search Metadata Settings are site-specific.
- Specify Data Elements for Display. Vital administrators can now specify the data elements (Title, Creator, Identifier, etc.) that will appear on the Object page, Quick View panel, and Quick Collection page in the user interface. Users can specify the order in which data elements appear, if those data elements appear as a search hyperlink, and the locale ID and the name of the index for each data element. These settings are site-specific.
For more detailed release notes, including the full list of features and bug fixes, library partners can review the Vital Release 8.0 SP1 announcement in the Innovative Supportal.