Extend your library and connect with your communities wherever they are
The Polaris Leap responsive web client brings the power and functionality of the Polaris ILS public services workflows to library staff through a browser. Polaris Leap can be used on a desktop, a notebook, or a tablet, freeing staff to connect with patrons and complete tasks wherever it is most convenient – even outside the library walls.
The Next Generation of Library Software
Polaris Leap builds upon the Polaris ILS foundation, extending functionality with a modern architecture that will serve libraries now and into the foreseeable future. And there is no need to load software – Polaris Leap software is upgraded automatically as server upgrades are performed, so no staff client updates are required.
In a time where mobile applications increasingly allow people to access information and consume services wherever they may be, libraries need the tools to interact with their communities beyond the traditional library building. Polaris Leap allows staff to get out from behind the desk and still have access to vital data and functionality with flexible, intuitive workflows.
- Mobile access for public services and reference staff
- Responsive web client using HTML5
- Circulation and patron services functions
- Flexible workflows in an intuitive interface
- No need to update client software
- Patron registration and account editing
- Check-out, check-in, and renewals
- Fines payment
- Claims mode
- Reading history
- Personalized search results display
- Patron registration, including patron photo capability
- Printing, including receipts, hold pickup, and in-transit slips