Leading mobile app available now for public libraries using Sierra or Polaris
EMERYVILLE, Calif. October 13, 2020 – Innovative, a ProQuest company and leading global provider of library software, today announced the release of its new Innovative Mobile product, which puts the power of Sierra and Polaris into patrons’ hands worldwide.
The new mobile app is focused on public libraries and consortia and is customized for each site, with branding and the look and feel designed by the library. Innovative Mobile offers full access to the library catalog and allows patrons to search and find both physical and electronic library materials. Additional features include:
Fully featured and ready to meet the needs of you and your patrons—now.
- Offers quick and easy set up; configure the app in a matter of weeks rather than months
- Works with Sierra and Polaris public libraries and consortia (iOS and Android)
- Linked accounts enable users to manage family/children’s accounts
- Works with online fine payment services to let patrons pay fines through the app
Empowers self-service and contactless pick up – critical to keeping library staff and patrons safe.
- Supports social distancing with digital library card, full catalog searching, in-app access to electronic resources, and curbside pickup
- Using barcode or RFID, patrons can borrow and return items in the library from their device
- Turn user and staff devices into self-service machines, reducing the need for existing and future self-service hardware
Customizable – an app that looks like your library, built for your patrons.
- Menu layout, app colors, etc. all customizable by the library
- Offers consortium resources while maintaining branding unique to each member library
- Automatically displays in patrons’ native language with 20+ language options
“In today’s world, we all spend more time on our mobile phones than on any other device,” said Yariv Kursh, General Manager of Innovative. “We’ve been listening to what libraries and patrons really want from a library app, and those voices have become louder in the COVID era, when the need for patron self-service has become more important than ever. We are pleased to say that Innovative Mobile checks all the boxes for a state-of-the-art library app that all patrons deserve.”
Innovative is working with SOLUS as a development partner for Innovative Mobile. Based in Glasgow, Scotland, SOLUS is an agile technology development company that builds highly functional and scalable mobile app solutions. Over 5,600 libraries around the globe use their technology.
Public libraries using Sierra or Polaris can request a demo or quote for Innovative Mobile. To learn more, visit https://www.iii.com/products/innovative-mobile/.
Innovative, a ProQuest company, provides leading technology solutions and services that empower libraries and enrich their users worldwide. Innovative offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of library automation products on the market today, serving academic, public, national, consortia, and corporate and special libraries. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Innovative has a global presence—serving thousands of libraries in 66 countries and offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.iii.com.