Innovative recently launched Encore Release 4.7 with auto-suggest for patrons and additional options for libraries with harvested collections. The release also includes improved performance for facet load time, and system performance for large libraries.
Encore Release 4.7 Features:
- New Content Links. For libraries with harvested digital collections, staff can now select values in the dc:creator, dc:collection, and dc:subject fields to initiate a search for related records.
Available with Sierra Release 3.4:
- 30-Day Harvesting Logs. For library partners with harvesting enabled, they can now review historical logs which contain the details of harvest profile runs within the past 30 days. The logs provide details for each harvest job initiated as well as error logs and informational messages to assist in troubleshooting harvesting and/or repository problems.
- Auto-Suggest for Catalog and Images. Patrons will now see a suggestion drop-down that pulls suggested results from the catalog or from a harvested digital repository. These suggestions improve the discovery process for users, and came from direct feedback from Innovative Users Group (IUG) participants.
Lastly, we are pleased to announce the beta launch of our new Encore Suites functionality. Encore Suites allows multiple institutions on a shared Sierra and Encore system to customize each Encore instance individually. With Suites enabled, each institution can:
- Brand their suite by using a logo and controlling the colors of fonts and labels.
- Configure Encore’s tabs and facets specifically for their users.
- Offer to their users only those digital resources available to them, such as their subscriptions to EBSCO, OverDrive, 3M, and Axis360 digital content.
- Display OAI-PMH compliant repositories specific to their institution.
Encore Suites is currently available to our Suites beta partners only. After beta testing, Innovative will announce when Encore Suites is available to the general public.
Encore Release 4.7 requires RedHat 6 or above. For more detailed information, library partners can review the Encore 4.7 release notes in the Innovative Supportal.