UPDATED March 22, 2020
We continue to monitor the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and its global impact. Innovative is committed to providing awareness and transparency to our customers, employees, and partners about our status and actions that we are taking. Our business continues to be fully operational, with no disruption to our services and systems.
Innovative Customer Support has resources for your library to use if you are planning to suspend operations at your physical location. They are available here, no login required:
The Innovative team will host three webinars to review the resources to close physical locations on March 24-25, 2020. For more information, visit this blog post: Innovative Webinar Series: Resources to Close Physical Locations.
Innovative has created a new script for Sierra and Millennium libraries to batch update the pickup dates for all items already on the holdshelf. The Innovative support team can run the script at your request starting Monday, March 23, 2020. For more details, visit the Supportal solution “Batch Update on Hold Pickup Dates.”
Along with our parent company ProQuest, Innovative has activated our business continuity programs, and has additional contingency plans at the ready, to help mitigate potential disruptions to our business with a focus on:
- The health and safety of our employees and customers
- The continuity of our services
- Supporting our customers and their users
- Compliance with governmental regulations and public health guidance
Employee and customer health and safety:
- We have updated our business travel guidelines, with air travel strictly limited. We are holding virtual meetings rather than traveling to stay connected with customers, colleagues and partners.
- We have implemented a company-wide work from home policy, and have restricted access to our facilities, including visitors. To continue to inform our company policies we are closely monitoring guidelines from the government and health officials in the local communities where our employees and customers live and work.
- We are carefully reviewing our event calendar as well as our presence at industry events in the coming months, postponing as needed. These are often difficult decisions; however, maintaining our commitment to the health and well-being of our customers and employees is our ultimate priority.
- As a global company, we have critical business functions, including technical support distributed in regions around the world. We also have a cloud-based infrastructure that provides redundancy across geographies and our network. This model ensures superior service levels and consistent customer support.
- As part of our normal business operations, Innovative has robust capabilities enabling our workforce to work remotely with the security and access to the services necessary to support our business and customers. Our offices have successfully tested an online-only work environment.
- The majority of our professional services are handled remotely without the need to travel to customer sites. Due to the suspension of non-essential travel plans, some customer meetings originally planned to take place onsite may be handled by video or teleconference.
Innovative is closely monitoring the situation, making real-time decisions to implement other measures as need to support our employees and customers. Please continue to check this post for updates on our business operations as needed. In the meantime, if there is anything that we can do to support you and your institution, or if you have questions or concerns, please contact your account team or email us at email@example.com.