Innovative users submit clever presentation titles and over 70 ideas for annual conference
Every year, the Innovative Users Group annual conference offers over 100 unique sessions for attendees, made up of Innovative presentations and user-submitted presentations. This year, Innovative users submitted over 70 presentation ideas with some very clever titles. Register today for IUG 2019 so that you too can find out where we keep the chocolate, how to use catnip at work, and what to do when a wizard invites you on an epic quest.
Here are some of our favorite presentation titles submitted by IUG members this year:
- Cache and Release: Capturing and Using Sierra’s Temporary SQL Data
- “There has to be chocolate around here somewhere”: Dealing with stress and burnout in a small academic library
- How Do You Roll?
- You Should Know This By Now: Getting your staff tech skills on the same page
- How I went from a zero to managing Polaris successfully. If I can do it anyone can!
- Weeding or rightsizing? Why not call it collection adjustment?
- Wipe Out!!
- Making Your Cat(alog) Purr: Optimizing Your Sierra or Millennium System
- How dare she RETIRE? Training and Issues for Polaris Administration
- A wizard has turned you into a Sierra Admin. What do you do?
To find out more about the presentations behind these titles, log in to the IUG website and register to attend IUG 2019 from May 5-8 in Phoenix, Arizona. The IUG annual conference is a three-day event where you can learn best practices from colleagues, engage with Innovative staff on product development, and network with Innovative users like you.
If your library is not a member, you can join for only $100 per year. Member fees help with conference costs and IUG administration. The benefits of IUG membership include access to the annual conference, program materials from the annual meeting, participation in the IUG forums, access to the Clearinghouse, and more.
The Innovative Users Group was founded in 1991 as an international organization of member libraries who used the Innovative Interfaces, Inc integrated library software. It is an independent organization from Innovative Interfaces, Inc. The IUG is led by the Steering Committee whose members are elected by the general membership. It consists of a Chair, Vice Chair/Chair Elect, Past Chair, Secretary/Treasurer, and five Members at Large. All members of the Steering Committee volunteer their services to the organization.